Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Today Is Not a Writing Day

Hey,

I'm letting you know right off that bat that this post is going to be completely worthless. If you insist on reading past this point you have no one to blame but yourself. Today is just not a 'writing day' for me. There are days when I write multiple posts in one day and answer a bunch of emails and messages and maybe even make time for my fiction work. This is not one of those days. I am fully capable of typing. My hands aren't broken. I'm typing right now. But there are just those days when you sit down at your laptop and you are acutely aware that anything you write that day is going to be garbage. This doesn't make any sense but I feel like the words are coming out of my elbows and not my brain. Everything from my elbows down is engaged in the process of writing. My fingers are engaged in the mechanical work. But my brain is not. My brain is only engaged as much as it needs to be and I'm working off of muscle memory. I can't think of anything more insightful that "I liked it" or "I didn't like it." I can't even write easy review posts that would take me a half hour to finish on a good day. It's not the same as writer's block. Somewhere in there I know what I want to say. Maybe I've already laid out the groundwork in an outline and no creativity is necessary. But I simply cannot engage in the actual act of writing. My brain refuses to cooperate. Today is one of those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment